B.E.J.S.C. Junior Committee Meeting Minutes 27/03/2013
01/04/13 16:03 Filed in: General
- We have now got a formal EAP (Emergency Action Plan)
- Including: Emergency contacts and Accident report form.
- These documents are going to go digitally to section leaders soon.
- Most sections are on a 2 week break for Easter Holidays.
- Drama at Badminton!
- One of the players had a knee injury.
- An ambulance was called.
- There are 3 courts worth of players every week.
- The social side of the club is good.
- There is a charity tournament being organised.
- It is on the 28th April. About 6 teams. Looking to raise money for Curie Cancer care.
- Juniors are off for three weeks because of the bank holiday and Easter Holidays.
- No river work still for the Canoers.
- It is very cold and the 125 mile Devizes to Westminster race is set to be one of the toughest ever in the event’s 65 year history.
- There has been an increase in Children’s parties recently. Good income for the Club.
- Chelsea are through to the quarter finals of Europa league.
- U13s are going to a tournament in Selsey.
- This year’s Sportsfest is on 8th June.
- Looking for some help for Friday evening Judo club.
- New issue with helpers
- They are there for the first session, then leave between the first and the second session.
- At the Oxon and North Bucks County Championships this year the Senior Boys relay squad did well - they swam as fast as they could and did not come last!
- One swimmer did really well and won a Bronze medal in the 50m Freestyle!
- There is a planned stratification of the swimming system. There will be a competitive, non-competitive and learn to swim split - details to come.
- Many team galas coming up soon like Chiltern League round 3 and Aylesbury Relay gala.
- One committee member is running the Race for Life!
- Time Capsule:
- Suggested it could be placed inside in the back of the office instead of it being buried outside.
- Everyone is going to write a few sentences to go into it, along with an item and a picture?
- Young Leaders’ project 2013
- Our participant is leading a swimming session.
- It is going to be this Saturday - 30/03/2013
- Our participant has already had his meeting with an Action4Youth Staff member about his project.
- Our participant really enjoyed the first weekend.
- Our participant is returning on 19/04/2013.